If you have found your way to this page, chances are you want to understand the changes you see in the mirror and how prevent or reverse them!
Signs of skin aging are due to the effect of specific structural adjustments and environmental exposures that begin to take hold in our twenties:
- Loss of collagen, an essential protein in our skin that provides structure, support, fullness, and smoothness
- Sun damage, as a result of chronic exposure to ultraviolet and infrared rays, which leads to brown, white, and red pigmentation along with thinning and wrinkling of the skin on the face, neck, chest and hands
- Shifting and shrinking of fat pads, which alters the facial contours and enhances deep furrows around the nose and mouth
- Bone resorption (loss and thinning) around the eyes and nose, which causes further loss of support of facial ligaments and fat pads, leading to sagging and skin laxity
These shifts happen in both women and men, but research shows that female faces change faster than male faces, at a rate nearly three times that of men at the peak period between 50-60 years. Early, regular, and gradual enhancements for both men and women can help to slow this process and provide the graceful aging we all desire.
We offer a comprehensive and customized treatment plan to address these gradual signs of aging:
- Comprehensive skin care regimen to improve and enhance the overall skin health
- Fractional nonablative resurfacing laser (Fraxel Dual®) to target and reverse pigmentary changes, redness, fine lines, and improve texture with minimal downtime
- Injectable fillers to replace loss of volume and support with immediate results and minimal downtime
- Neuromodulators, such as Botox and Dysport, to minimize the appearance of dynamic lines and prevent etched resting lines to provide a subtle, softened look
To learn more or request a consultation, please contact us.