Our priority is the safety of our patients and staff.
The Medical Faculty Associates and the GW Department of Dermatology is closely monitoring the latest developments surrounding COVID-19. We have implemented numerous precautions to ensure that our office will remain a safe place for you to receive treatment and to help limit the spread of COVID-19 within our communities. We have resumed all elective surgical and cosmetic procedures at this time.
To minimize exposure to our patients and staff, we will be asking all patients and visitors screening questions prior to and at the time of their arrival at our office to help identify those who are at risk of COVID-19. Any patient with concerning symptoms, COVID-19 positive testing, or contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 should seek immediate medical attention. For more information, please visit the CDC website.
During this very challenging time, we want to reassure you that our office is actively working to protect the health of our patients and staff as we address the COVID-19 situation. We thank you in advance for your adherence to these guidelines as we work to navigate this constantly evolving situation.
- We are offering HIPPA compliant virtual appointments for cosmetic consultations and specific dermatologic concerns.
- We respectfully ask that all patients and others entering our office wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth. This is mandatory. All staff will be wearing a mask. You will be requested to continue wearing the mask until requested by the physician to be removed. This is for your safety along with safety for other patients and staff.
- No staff member, patient or visitor in a support or caregiver role will be allowed into our office if they have fever, cough, sore throat, or other flu-like symptoms or if they have had contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days.
- Our safety protocol requires all patients to apply hand sanitizer upon entering our office.
- The staff will be taking all patients and visitors temperatures upon arrival to the office. If you have a temperature, we will ask you to please go home and contact your Primary Care Physician.
- Every effort is being made to social distance; therefore, patient scheduling will be more limited than usual.
- We ask that our patients come alone and that you do not bring a friend or family member unless you are the parent of a child (one parent only and no siblings). If family members have a scheduled consecutive appointment, they may be permitted to be roomed together.
- Please do not wear make-up to your appointment. This will reduce overuse of the bathrooms and sinks in the treatment rooms.
- We will continue to clean and disinfect all common areas and treatment rooms after each patient visit; this includes doorknobs, desktops (including telephones), and light switches.
- Hand sanitizer is available all throughout the MFA for patient use. We encourage hand washing.
To schedule an appointment or get more information, please call our office at 202-741-3244 or reach out to us by engaging the contact/scheduling form. We will continuously update our safety protocols based on data from the CDC and state and continue to notify our patients. Your safety and the safety of our staff is our utmost priority. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to care for you and thank you for your cooperation and patience during this unprecedented time. Stay healthy and safe.