While classically considered a condition faced by teenagers, many adult men and women also struggle with acne. This condition can be challenging to treat and may affect one’s self esteem. Untreated acne may lead to scarring. Acne is caused by a interplay between our hair follicles, oil glands, and a common skin bacteria, cutibacterium acnes (formerly propionibacteria), which creates the perfect environment for the proliferation of this bacteria. This leads to clogged pores and inflamed cysts or deep, painful nodules.
We offer a combination of treatments to address these issues:
- A comprehensive skin care regimen to address the recurrent breakouts and pigmentary changes while preventing further scarring
- Photodynamic therapy to selectively target the oil glands underlying the cause of acne
- Pulsed dye laser Vbeam Perfecta® to reduce the redness associated with acne lesions and scars
- Non-ablative fractional resurfacing with the 1550 nm Fraxel Dual® to remodel the underlying collagen and reduce the appear of scars
- Bellafill® and dermal fillers to further correct the scars
1450 nm diode Smoothbeam can safely reduce acne scarring and acne breakouts
Nonablative fractional resurfacing with the 1550 nm Fraxel Dual® and Genius RF Microneedling® to remodel the underlying collagen and reduce the appear of scars
To learn more and request a consultation, please contact us.